What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clearing an old photo

dee-u

I've got an a photo of mine when I was a child, I want to make it clearer, my best shot is at the right, cannot think of other ways to make it clearer. Hope someone here could help. =)
226243_151333768266089_7907371_n.jpgrodelio baby5.png

Welcome dee-u...

There are a few guy's on here who are amazing at restoring old photo's. Be patient, I'm sure one will be around soon to have a look at it for you.

See Inkz was right better people do come along eventually.:mrgreen:

what you use for that job RM?

See Inkz was right better people do come along eventually.:mrgreen:

what you use for that job RM?

Thanks Buddy,
Took it down to the green channel, created new layer of said green channel then pasted onto new layer above original image, set blend mode to Overlay. Spot healing tool for general clean up. Lowered the noise of the overall image. Then created new layers for each colour, added Hue/Saturation Adjustment layers, adjusted colour so it kinda looks right, set all coloured layers to Colour blend mode. Tiny bit of Dodge and burn around eyes and hairline and job's done

:thumbsup:

Thanks Inkz :cool2:

Here is my go at it;

dee-u2 copy.jpg

Hair and Shoes are two things even I wasnt happy with.. but never mind.. it was a good practice for me too...It has been only a few weeks I have been into photo restoration... :cheesygrin:

Wow, thanks a lot guys, those are very fast response. Superb work remote-medic, can you provide a step by step (with screenshot) tutorial on how you did that? You said it was quick, you mean to say you can improve it even more if you take more time? =)

I will put something together tomorrow dee, but have gone through the basic step in my previous post :)

O Oh... I deleted the psd for this otherwise could have created a step by step thingy....

I would need to check my recycle bin once I reach office and see if its there.. nit sure if I used the mighty Shift+del :(

I will put something together tomorrow dee, but have gone through the basic step in my previous post :)
Still waiting, tried following how you did it but cannot produce the same result, I do not know how you reduced the noice like that.

I have had quite a busy day dee, hence why I was unable to get on.

To reduce noise,

Filter>Noise>Reduce Noise

I can't remember what settings I used as I no longer have the .psd but you should be able to figure it out.

Back