What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change image color while making .gif

adwilk

Hi,

I have a question regarding creating .gifs. I took a short video of myself in iMovie, exported it as a .mov file, and imported video frames to layers into photoshop. What I'd now like to do is make it so that every 10 frames or so are tinted a certain color (Say the first 10 are red, the next 10 yellow, the next 10 blue, etc.). When I try to do so, I apply a photo filter or color balance adjustment to the first ten frames and it looks good, but then when I try to do so to the next set of frames, the first set of ten are affected by whatever adjustment I make. I have tried to link the layers in each set, but always with the same result. Is there a way that I can get what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
Andy

chrisix

Guru
ok, photoshop isnt realy the ideal tool for this
it gets (or im just not used to it) very clumsy with different layers in animations.
the problem is that the new color layer you created is also applied to the first 10 frames.
its a lot of messing about with the layers in each frame, or at least, that is what i've always had.

Go back to the first 10 frames and click on the eye-icon of the new color adjustment layer. to hide that layer for those frames

I dont know of a way to easy explain how the layers and frames work...
After effects is a way better program for this. (its like the photoshop for animations)