What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which effects is used in this picture?

Mortaza

Which effects is used in this photography?

Attachments

• 530908_10151116477144284_947129569_n.jpg
    530908_10151116477144284_947129569_n.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 3

Dataflow

Power User
what effect do you mean.
to me it just looks like a normal photo.
if you want an image to looks like that then you need to take a photo at the right time of day

ibclare

Queen Bee
Looks like HDR Toning, images>adjust>HDR Toning. Just a guess.

There may be some exposure and color balance adjustments Dataflow. Or maybe it has a bleach bypass effect.

Here is a photo, the original, and then one taken into HDR toning, photorealistic high contrast, with a few adjustments to shadow, detail, and gamma.

stonehenge_up_close2_orig.jpg

stonehenge_up_close2.jpg

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
I agree with clare....looks semi HDR...might be with one image rather than 3 or 5. I have combined the same image to get the same look...not real HDR, but has the pop

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it may be a regular photo with the skies partial reflection in the water poorly covered up with a mask.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Looks to me like a warm gradient filter has been used such as the Kolkin range. Can achieve similar in Ps using a gradient layer from transparent to orange gradient and adjust opacity to your liking.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Chris, is this effect/filter causing the sky/clouds/cloud line not to be reflected in the water?

Dataflow

Power User
the reason i say its the way the image originally was is because if you look at the sky in the reflection it is orange thats where the orange in the scene is coming from (the sky)
and the cloud in the reflection is grey because the light is coming from above the cloud so is not affected by the orange light.
if it was an effect then the sky in the reflection would be blue