What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to increase image quality?

pedrorllorca

Hello, I use this image as my profile image, but it`s in low quality, can I use photoshop to make it look smoother?
Thanks!
Profile.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Smudge tool might do it to a level, if you just go with the noise de speckle option it will blur your image even more.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
HDR toning adjustment- lower detail slider.
Profile.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Topaz de-jpg
Topaz inFocus
Separate Hue/sat adjustments on face vs for background.

T

PS - Why are you limiting yourself to such a poor quality starting point? After all, it's a picture of yourself -- you can take as many pix of yourself as you need to get the lighting, camera adjustments, image size exactly what you need.

Attachments

• Profile-01_ps01a-01.jpg
    Profile-01_ps01a-01.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 32

blogfreakz

Topaz de-jpg
Topaz inFocus
Separate Hue/sat adjustments on face vs for background.

T

PS - Why are you limiting yourself to such a poor quality starting point? After all, it's a picture of yourself -- you can take as many pix of yourself as you need to get the lighting, camera adjustments, image size exactly what you need.

yah, just get a better camera... :)

iDad

Guru
Duplicate layer denoise lower layer, top layer mode "color" .. But whoever said it is right, the quality stinks not going get much better than thatView attachment 26024

iDad

Guru
then again, you could remove background and the head in foreground.........just thinking

chitkaran

Guru
I agree with Tomm Mann.. if it is your image... why dont you shoot with a good quality camera... no matter how many masks you apply, how many filters u use, the basic image quality would not be comparable to that of a Good quality camera shot.