What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixel Art!

Siko

So, here's the ting, I am relatively new to photoshop in general, though I have gotten a hang of some things.. BUT! The thing that's a problem for me now is that I would like to create pixel art, but not the usual 1px style. I know how to do that. No, what I want is for the blocks to be bigger and a bigger grid for the blocks to 'snap' in.

Is there any way I can do this?

ibclare

Queen Bee
There is also an "extrude" option though that is 3-dimensional. I don't know if the dimensiionality can be minimized. I have never really played around with it other than using the defaults. Filter>Stylize>Extrude.

What about doing the pixel art on single pixel basis, as you have said you already know how to do this, and then increase the size of the image. Or if you don't need to be precise with the pixel grid, use a square brush.