What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating from scratch! !!

midnite

Hello guyz, firs post! ;)
Yeah so I was wondering how to create this image?

image_1356517394287311.jpgI want to apply these effects to this
407793_564246503604789_1359140766_n.jpg I had a challenge with a friend and LOL IDK how to do it
any help will be more than appreciated.. : )
thanks in advance..

Paul

Former Member
Not the only way to do it but i used HDR toning to a desaturated layer copy of your image, i then darkened the image and made the two layers as one. New layer and did colouring to shoes on one layer a new layer for shirt etc, soften each layer to achieve the look you require.
The image to start with is very poor.

HDR.jpg

midnite

Not the only way to do it but i used HDR toning to a desaturated layer copy of your image, i then darkened the image and made the two layers as one. New layer and did colouring to shoes on one layer a new layer for shirt etc, soften each layer to achieve the look you require.
The image to start with is very poor.

View attachment 26045
THANKS ALOT PAUl! i really appreciate it.. : )
btw im gonna try doing some things with it! maybe it will work out! LOL who knows . : )

Paul

Former Member
Other products like Topaz will help you also.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I made something that is more complicated in its steps and takes both adjustments and filters, including sharpening. But I think Paul is right about a Topaz filter being used. I used threshold and posterize just yesterday in a sketch transformed image. I tried it with this, but the image is so flat and blurry that the threshold was impossible to get any detail into. It would help immensely if you had a better image to begin with. The find edges filter creates the posterizing effect of swirls that you see. This can be deleted or minimized several ways. On the find edges layer, you can add a mask or use the eraser. You can also make a selection of the guy and mask off the inverse.

Here is the link to the image I made yesterday using poster edges and threshold. You can see by the before and after that there is a much greater range of highlight to shadow and sharpness of the image. Those were vital to getting the sketch like results (especially if you can't afford to purchase a Topaz product, you can simulate the style): http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...op-sketch-water-color-how.html#post1533620856

EDGES.jpg

Last edited: