What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change a white seamless to a specific colour

Joe Fisher

Hi there,

New to this forum and hoping to get some help from some of the clearly really experienced users on here.

I have a client that wants me to shoot some shoes inlcuding the models leg on a pink background. I don't have a pink seamless and don't know whether I have to go out and buy one, or, shoot it on a white seamless and change it to pink in shop?

There will be shadows on the base on the seamless which I will want to keep - is there a way I can insert a pink background in and blend it into the image, without giving the leg and shoe that pink look?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

smoke

Power User

here's my approach

It is easy to change on ps if you need it for few photos, but if it is for several it would take some time.
If you feel more advanced in photography and lightning better find some seamless pink (improvise) some wallpaper or just peace of raw canvas would do.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great video Smoke!

On the video......Your doing what I did in the beginning. I was forgetting that most modern computers and YouTube have full screen capabilities so I was bouncing around and zooming with my capture program during the edit. What I learned from Remote Medic's vids was, this is not necessary. Just remember to upload in 720p and that's about all you need to do. With a clear full screen view, it's just like your desktop is on mine and I can see every move you make without the zooms.

smoke

Power User
I agree but... if you watching from small resolution screen like my 11' notebook on 1200x800 and have no common sense about PS - no chance physically see whats happening if following 'blind step by step'.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I hear you.
So your saying that when you expand a YouTube vid to full screen on your notebook, you can't see whats being demonstrated even if your viewing it at 720p? I could understand if the vid was not expanded to full screen.

smoke

Power User
OMG it's an honor. Thank you ibclare
That just made my day as well as gave me more stimulation. :shocked:

Joe Fisher

Awesome.

Thanks very much Smoke. This will really help.

One question.... Where did you get that banging track from? ;)

Cheers,

Joe