What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Photoshop, looking to fulfill a long term goal.

Taylor Blyth

Hello,
For a long time I have admired photos with a style or effect that I do not have the linguistical knowledge to explain so I will link some examples.
The images used for these videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAppMN3JMGg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTa3YHYcU9k
I have wanted to make my own images in this style but never had the time to really get down to it before.
If anybody here could please explain to me (in basic terms, I have next to grasp of the photoshop lingo) how I should go about achieving this it would be hugely appreciated. I don't even know where to begin or where to look to find out.
Thank you so much in advance,
Taylor

ibclare

Queen Bee
Taylor, IDK how much experience you have in PS, but before you start trying out tutorials using tools you haven't learned yet, do learn the basics. You cannot progress or grasp Photoshop if you skip the boring stuff. We all had to do it before we could become awesome gurus, lmao.

ibclare

Queen Bee
LOL, the semester class, the first 3 weeks were pretty darn boring, if you ask me. Oh yeah, you did. After that, it was guns full blasting.

Never look back!

Paul

Former Member
Anyone saying shop is boring can leave the building now:mrgreen:

ibclare

Queen Bee
OK, let me rephrase that: the class was boring for 3 weeks. Game show: PSG Sematics! Win first place: one week in Imperial Beach, CA; second place: two weeks in IB! :rofl:

Elvis has left the building. Da _ _ it, I'm staying!