What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjustments Layer shows wrong icon

karthur

When I click on the "Add Adjustments Layer" on the bottom right, it adds the layer ok in the browser. My question is why does the icon for the new layer not always represent the kind of adjustment layer that I just added.

In the attachement, I added a Levels adjustment layer, but it shows the round "half-moon" sorta looking icon in the browser.

I have noticed that on some of my PSD files, sometimes I have the little round icon and sometimes I have the correct icon for the adjustment layer that I have added.

Is this correct? Is it a setting that I have tripped over, or maybe this indicates something else.

TIA,

Kirk

Attachments

• PS_Levels_Adjustment_Layer.png
    PS_Levels_Adjustment_Layer.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 27

iDad

Guru
I tried reproduding I think you can click on the icon, right click and select view small or large thumbnail????

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey iDad, I have been trying for over an hour to reproduce this and I can't! Did you find a way?

iDad

Guru
richt click on the eye the options drop down

iDad

Guru
I'm sorry not the eye but the icon for type of layer.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, bad communication on my part. I'm referring to getting just the half moon icon to appear in the layers panel after adding an adjustment layer. Mine always adds this.........

Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 1.08.04 PM.png

iDad

Guru
are you asking me or Sam?

karthur

iDad,
Thanks for that. If I RC on the icon and choose "No Icon" then you are correct, I dont see what I expect.

The next time I see this issue, I will see if this is the case. I just tried creating 10 new documents with adjustment layers and they all worked correctly.

Thanks again !!

iDad

Guru
Glad it helped, you're welcome