What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing background color of a pdf file

Michael Wang

Hi

My high school report cards has already been white color background, for some reason, my school district decided to use blue colored recycle paper. However, I always do file up my report cards so would like to have it made in white again. Is anyone out there able to use photo shop to entirely change my report card in white background again. If so let me know so I can contact privately and send the file.

I have to agree with chrisix, the link he provided is a much easier approach to changing the background colour of a pdf file in the whole, although photoshop can edit pdf's it is a lot of hassle compared to the other method. But im new dont take my word on anything.

One thing I have just thought of though, if the original pdf file is an image in the pdf, the first method only effects the background of the pdf and not the contents, in this case you would need to use a image progam like photoshop to alter the background colour.

Yea, what if the pdf file is already an image itself? I have tried to change the background color of the image using your method, it does not change a thing.

No it will not, it only affects the pdf file not the contants including image for this you will need to use an imaging program like PS or another to do it.

This is not my thing but psot an image so people can view it and get an idea what they are working with

If you have photoshop you can save the pdf as an image. then you can post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scan0003.jpg
So this is my report card that I have mentioned, is it possible if anyone here can completely remove change the background of this piece to white?

All i did was replaced colour and lowered saturation/light, then de-saturated.
The watermark is my choice.

Scan0003.jpg

There's no need to do replace color. Just go to "Channels" and select the Blue Channel only. Then go to "Image > Mode > Grayscale". Finally, do a levels adjust to make the background lighter and the text darker.

card.jpg

Last edited:
In other words the is more than one way to skin a cat I mean a PDF lol

Back