What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needs help recreating an image.. :)

LuV JaE ^^

Hi, my friend has a clothes shop and needs this pattern for printing it on her clothes but the resolution is way too low. I wonder if there's a way I can enlarge this image and make the resolution higher or is there a way I can recreate it? It doesn't need to be exactly the same as this one. I need it to be at least 3 times larger (1800 x 1347 px) or as large as it can be. If it's not too difficult, would anyone mind doing it for me please? But if it takes too much time, you can just tell me how to do it and I'd appreciate it a lot, thank you so much!
photo-5.JPG

Attachments

• wawa.jpg
    wawa.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 4

LuV JaE ^^

Sorry, somehow I also attached the wrong image to this post. Please ignore the second image, thank you :)

Gerard Cruz

EDIT: I attached the wrong file to the final product/document preview.

You can try this:

1. Create a new file with the dimensions 1800 pixels x 1347 pixels
2. Create a new layer (Layer 1)
3. Once you've created a new layer, select the brush tool (press B).
Set your brush tool's size to about 300 pixels
4. Fill in your layer 1 with this color: #
97deff (light blue)
5. Now, you must brush the areas of pink on your canvas like so:
Screenshot (17).png
Make sure your brush color is #ffb9ee (pink) and that the brush strokes are on the same layer as the blue background

6. Add Gaussian Blur (Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur) to your layer of blue and pink:
Screenshot (18).png
Set the Gaussian blur to 180.7 pixels (or choose a blur radius that you like/your preference)

7. Create a new layer and fill it with white #ffffff
8. On the new layer (white layer) add Clouds (Filter > Render > Clouds)
Your document should now look like this:
Screenshot (19).png

9. On layer 1 (the layer where you rendered clouds), change the blend mode to "Screen" and the layer's opacity to "50%" like so:
Screenshot (20).png

You're done! Just play around with the blend modes of the "clouds" layer and the opacity so that it fits your liking. IMO Screen is the one that fits what you need to do. You can also change where you brush the pink in step 5, just play around with the pink brush and Gaussian blur it. Good luck! :)

This is how your final document should look like:
Screenshot (21).png

Don't forget to have fun when you're Photoshopping! :)
Gerard Cruz

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
To be honest, it's a lot easier to just do it than write up a tutorial. Attached is a version that is 6x larger in each direction. Because it was too big for the file uploader this forum uses, I had to zip it, so you'll have to unzip it yourself before use.

If you want a tutorial on this topic, there are plenty already on the web. Just Google {photoshop resizing image tutorial}

HTH,

Tom

Attachments

• photo-5-01_6x.jpg.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 4

Gerard Cruz

But the purpose of PhotoshopGurus is to teach people (that are not as good as the pros), and not to spoon feed them the solutions :)

Tom Mann

Guru
I see Gerard posted a fine, very general method to produce patterns like this. With his method, one can produce patterns with more or less complexity, different colors, and, at any size.

I took you very literally and simply up-rez'ed the exact pattern you posted to 3600 by 2694 pixels which is equivalent to 15 x 11 inches at 240 pixels per inch.

If you want a more intricate pattern, use his method. If you want exactly what you posted, only larger, use my result.

HTH,

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
But the purpose of PhotoshopGurus is to teach people (that are not as good as the pros), and not to spoon feed them the solutions :)

True, 'nuff, and, in fact, I'll often tell someone exactly the same thing you just said, but I interpreted her request as nothing more than a simple up-rez'ing (ie, a couple of button pushes), figuring that if she doesn't even know how to do that in PS, she would have a hard time with the more complicated general procedure that you described.

Oh, well, she now has both approaches.

T

Paul

Former Member
Not knowing all the terminology does not make a shopper:mrgreen: