What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need bit help :P

Maxito_o

hello there friends .
I`m new here . actually I need some help.
I`m going to design a new website about furnitures and stuff named Durable furnitures. but i need a good logo.
is there any1 who can help me with logo ?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Generally speaking, if it is for a commercial enterprise, we would like you to use the freelance section. Here are the guidelines.

If you would like us to help you out so that you can make one in Photoshop yourself, there are plenty of Gurus here who will give you unending advice, including tutorials, design guidance, feedback, help you to make it fit with your website, and give you ideas on how to make it uniquely you.

If you read the freelance guidelines, there are a number of questions to answer that will help both you and us to understand what you want and when you want it. There is a price list guideline and I guarantee you, these prices are very, very reasonable compared to what you would pay in the real marketplace.

Contact a forum moderator or click the yellow triangle on the lower left corner of your post and for comment ask us to move your thread to freelance. This will go out to all the administrative emails.

If you decide to stay and try the freebie route, read the rules so you know how to phrase your request. And also that you understand that we are a Photoshop support, discussion, and showcase forum, not a freebie request line. But our members are welcome to help out if anybody would like to do so. The information you have given out so far needs a bit of beefing up, you might agree. :mrgreen:

Rob_IMX

Can you design a logo yourself and just need inspiration?

OR

Are you looking for someone to design a logo for you?

Maxito_o

To be honest I`m studying web designing :) and for the final project i received a project about furnitures :S and they asked me to make a site called durable furnitures i designed it perfectly but thing is i`m totally zero with photoshop :) I`d be really glad if someone helped me with or atleast guide me how can i make a good logo :S

inkpad.t

Guru
If your doing web design do you have to personaly create the logo ?

Both web design and graphic design as i'm sure you know are two totaly seperate things, in most cases i know a web designer and coder can take a graphic design and turn it in to a working website. but the web dseigner can not create the graphic design and vise verser.

It's pretty rair that a fully fledge web designer will want to be a fully fledge graphic designer as well which is why you now have your stumbling block in creating this logo.

Unless your course asks that you create the design yourself then personaly i would get some one to do it for you and just implement it in to your web site.

Are you at Universaty ? is there not a graphic designer studant that would be able to help you out ?.. nothing lost by asking.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Excellent point inkpad, though we both know that you aspire to be both. So you should hire inkpad to help you Maxito, lol.

Well, I am glad you explained the point of your need here. Otherwise it would be a paid request like I said, for the usual situation.

Now, what you are asking is, I am sorry to say, still not clear. Rob asks the pertinent question above. What do you want? Spit it out, don't be shy!

Logos are fun to make. And if it's for a school project it doesn't have to pass muster in the way we expect our digital designs to pass and surpass.

To make a logo:
  • Start with the sense of style the client would want: modern, conservative, colorful, muted, jazzy, abstract, plain text. To name a few.
  • Choose a color scheme
  • Decide if an image or a font/text only logo is what will work best. You can always change your mind. A real client inevitably will, no matter how genius your submission. The logo must not only be well-designed but "fit" with the client's purpose and personality.
  • Pick your image and pick a choice of fonts. You can create some of this yourself. In my current avatar, the capital D is designed with a pen tool. But you can always wow an instructor by creating your own with any number of easy to use PS tools. Just keep it simple. Take your first design, then play with it and put it up here for critique. I am still distilling this logo of mine, and am into my 6th, if not 8th, rendition.
  • OK, big point here. I have done so many because they will serve several purposes. They're mostly for the web, but there are multiple uses for a well-designed logo. To name a few: logo for a banner; logo for a watermark background; maybe for a rollover button or some other such use on the site; as a unique identifier on the shopping cart, an invoice, a contact form; for facebook; for non-website use such as part of creating a business card, stationery, forms, decal on a truck or business window; or as in the case of one of mine, an avatar on a web forum. The first "trick" to designing anything is to think about it. I usually sketch a very rough idea, then open Photoshop. (that's a lie! I always have Photoshop open)
  • Start with a high resolution file, larger than you think you'll need; you can crop it when you're satisfied.
That's about it. If you want a freebie design or a design idea, say so. But we will need more information than you have so far supplied. This information is what I have listed above, but if you read it, it is also in the freelance guidelines which I posted above.

Last edited:

Maxito_o

well i`m doing accp pro from aptech and our first semester consist of web designing .database development.
and at the end of semester we receive eproject according what we learn. and eproject of our first semester was working with Adobe Dreamweaver.

here are the requierments that we are asked:
Requirement Specification:
The Web site is to be created based on the following requirements.

1) The Home Page should be created making use of Frames with a suitable logo.
2) Home Page should contain details of furniture’s and home decors with suitable images.
3) The site should display a menu which will contain the options for brief introduction about the various furniture’s available, location of the shop and any other information if required.
4) The information should be categorized according to the brand names of the products like if a User wants to see only “DURIAN” products or any other companies products then he/she can click on a Link/button/menu etc and can see only that Brand products.
5) When a user selects any particular brand, a list of products for that brand will be displayed
6) A brief summary of features of individual products should be displayed on the Web Page along with the product but detailed Features should be stored in Individual Word documents which can be downloaded or viewed by the User who wishes to see the same.
7) The user should also be able to compare the various products of different as well as similar brands.
8) There should be a “Contact Us” page which will have the Address of the Company which is as follows and the mail address which when clicked will invoke the local mail client from where they can send an email.

as it is stated in first line "suitable logo" and all i wanted to was to have a beautiful logo so that I`d get better marks :)

and thanks for all of you for managing this beautiful forum . well for my project I some how made a simple logo via online sites :)

And again thanks !

best regards Maxito

Attachments

• DreamWeaver-DURABLE_FURNITURES.doc
    92 KB · Views: 3

Maxito_o

guys this is all I did :D can any1 merge this two pics in a good style ?

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 382013 10924 PM.bmp.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 382013 10924 PM.bmp.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 22
  • cooltext946918454.png
    cooltext946918454.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 22