What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with image

minkowski

I am new to photoshop. I've been playing around with Topaz plugins and am trying to re-create the skin effect from this image :
robvandam_zps7d0e478b.jpg

Can anyone help lead me into the right direction on what settings/plugins to use? I've been trying for weeks and cannot get it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The preset that you mentioned in this thread. Is there any chance I can get it or the setting?

No problem. I attached a zipped copy of the preset. Let me know if you have any problem importing it.

BTW, you sound much more advanced than the guy in the other thread that asked a similar question, but you might want to read my comment to him about needing general PS proficiency to nail such efx, even if you have "the preset" in hand:

... snip ... That being said, I should caution you that using pro plugins like this is never a simple matter of clicking an Instagram-like preset button. To use such plugins effectively, you need to be proficient at standard Photoshop techniques such as quickly selecting a part of the image (eg, just the skin, or just the background) and performing separate actions to these areas. For example, after I used Topaz adjust to get the skin to look the way I wanted, the jerseys didn't look that good, so I masked part of the effect away from them. In addition, for drama, I wanted the background to have even deeper blacks than when it started, so I not only had to prevent Topaz from acting on it, I needed additional darkening of the dark tones. I achieved this by using a masked "Levels" adjustment layer on it, but used the blendIF sliders to prevent darkening of the colored lights in the background.

Because such tasks require a reasonable level of proficiency with PS, I don't recommend such plugins until the student is already quite facile with the tools built into PS. ...

Cheers,

Tom M

Attachments

• tom_m-basketball_HDR-topaz_adjust_5_preset01.tpp.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 8

Back