What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my scanned image had dots...almost like a hatch pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadman33619

Hi All,

i was wondering if anyone has come across this before.... i have a photo proof that i want to scan and email to someone to review...but the scanned image has dots all over it...kind of like a hatch pattern. it looks terrible. the original photo looks normal. i thought i could use photoshop to make it look better but i cant figure out how.

any ideas?

thanks

iDad

Guru
You will need to provide a sample maybe just a small corner of that image so we know what you're talking about

iDad

Guru
Is it the texture of the film or pictures that you took

cadman33619

the photo was taken by a studio...you'll see the words they put all over them. proof.jpg have the proofs. i need to email them for my sister to see and select.

iDad

Guru
you can still see that image and it looks like a good picture what's the problem you can mail that

cadman33619

sure i can still email it. but i'd like to get rid of that hatch-looking grid pattern. and i thought since i have photoshop...i should be able to do that. i was hoping someone could suggest ways to do it.

iDad

Guru
one way to get it semi looking okay and leave his logo, is duplicate the layer and put the upper layer in colorburn mode it may require some sort of selection of color process though..........I doubt anyone here will remove the watermark. and just saying that is almost infringement on the watermark......... pay the guy/girl for his work and get them without marks that sample is more than sufficient to give anybody an idea of how well that image is really going look without it.......just sayin

Tom Mann

Guru
Cadman, did you read what the watermark says?

It says, "Copyright Protected - Do not copy", yet you want to do exactly that. Even worse, you want us to help you do so.

In the USA, the photographer holds a legal right, the "copyright" that allows them to say who can copy their work. This is done so that people, starting with their clients, don't cheat them out of payment for their work by copying it, distributing it further, etc.

The photographer entered into an arrangement with you or someone else to take that photo. As a courtesy, he provided a version of the final product to allow you or the sitter to judge whether you like the pose, the lighting, etc. before you pay for the final version (ie, one that doesn't have a watermark). If you don't like his watermark, pay the man for his services, and he'll send you a copy without it. If you "need a copy for review" that doesn't have a watermark, I'm sure that if you talk to him, he will be happy to provide a different version that may meet your needs, for example, a narrow strip out of the middle of the photo to allow you to decide if the exposure, contrast and color are ok.

At this point, there is absolutely no way I would help you or anyone else circumvent the photographer's watermark.

Tom M

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
and those dots are also part of the watermark, i do believe removing such a thing is against the rules here.

Status
Not open for further replies.