What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to do this?

Snowman

How can I make this multi-color effect around the guy of this photo, and in the word of the "highlight" logo?

colors.jpg
highlight.png

Thank you in advance. :)

Tom Mann

Guru
1. Get a nice B&W headshot of your subject.

2. Make a careful selection of just the subject.

3. Use the selection to cut out the subject and place him on a transparent background. Make a 2nd copy of the subject

4. Make several empty layers above him - one for each color you want.

5. With the selection active, fill the selected area in each of these layers with one of the solid colors.

6. Use the "move" tool to move each of the colored layers in turn away from its original position.

7. Put the duplicate of the B&W layer at the top of the layer stack.

8. Tweak away till you are happy with the result. Don't forget to try the various layer blending modes, opacities, etc. to give you different effects where the different layers overlap away from the person.

Attachments

• layer-stack.jpg
    layer-stack.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Headshot_of_Man-tjm01-acr-ps02a-01.jpg
    Headshot_of_Man-tjm01-acr-ps02a-01.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 57

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I used a similar technique as Tom did.

Get a subject, remove the background.
Make several copies of the subject with the BG removed under the main image.
Add a hue & sat layer and clip, colorize, lower the opacity, and move each of the copies.
Below these, add a new layer filled with white.

Sorry for the short explanation.........I have to run to work for now! If you can't follow, let me know, I will write better instructions later.

MultiColorEffect_01.png

Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 8.14.22 AM.png