What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to fill space around an object with text

ddan49

Hello,

I'm trying to fill the white area here with text (just the outside of the guy). It's a LOT of text, and Photoshop has crashed every time I've tried to put the text in. My main problem, though, is that I don't know how to make the text avoid the man with the hat. Also, when I tried to paste the text just normally in the white box, this happened (second picture). The text just started piling up on itself. What should I do? Thanks!Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

All i did was make a copy of your face use magic wand:eek: remove white background apply new text layer below face image, added a blur for effect.
tex.jpg

Oh, sorry if I wasn't completely clear. I mean for the text to be readable (when highly zoomed in) and to kind of wrap around the head. When I tried your approach, the second picture happened (due to a large amount of text?)

I'll try your variation though

Please do and make sure you come back and show us.

Yeah so I tried that, and it pasted completely to one line (I just started using Photoshop today, so I'm really new). Is there somewhere where I can wrap it?

Either way, what I did before was area text in the white rectangle which produced the second picture (and area text in a white rectangle should be the same as a new text layer, as far as I would presume)

Along with Pauls question...........do you just want the text in the background, without touching the drawing like this?

Capture_01.png

Or do you want the text to be readable and wrapped around the drawing?

OHH I TRIED THAT but decided it wouldn't work because I was thinking that the text would go inside (I can just click on the outside... stupidity knows no bounds).

Latest effort results in the same sort of problem. I have started adding text little by little, and at one point it just went away. The layer was still there, but the background was white where a second ago there was text. Clicking on the view option of the layer did nothing. If I undid changes, it came back.

it should be readable. My issue now is that it seems like I have too much text and Photoshop can't handle it. I have 8gb of RAM and I've allocated 100% to Photoshop in the settings menu... it's not at 100% load, either

Yeah so I started pasting little by little even more so, and it eventually gets to the second picture where the text is on top of itself. Then Photoshop just crashed.

Is there a way to do it in Illustrator? Would it work better?

The text file is about 390,000 characters. So really big. It's a book. Literally.

My text size is tiny. So I got this at the top of the page. Right before it just goes to white, it looks like this Capture.PNG

It's like Photoshop can't handle the text or something. But this isn't that much text... it's less than a fourth of the way through the 300,000 character file.

Lol Sam that was the one i nearly linked earlier, it is a good tut though.

I think you are trying to copy and paste way too much text at one time! Do it in two three paragraphs at a time!

Yeah, sorry if I'm not getting across. I do, but at one point, if I paste just a single line more then the entire thing is white and disappears. I can try to make a video.

Don't make a video. Stop and watch the video I linked you to. This will work. Whatever your trying is not working.

This is all I have in my layers panel.

Screen Shot 2013-11-17 at 9.48.39 PM.png

Note: I separated the drawing from its background, you do not have to do this!

I made the video, but it needs to be approved (link). I think that you may be on to something with multiple actual text fields. Is that what you meant by pasting little by little? I thought you meant paragraph by paragraph in the same layer/field.

I'll try this and edit this post so it doesn't clog things up

EDIT Yup, that does it. It's tedious, but I can get about 10% of the length in each text layer. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Back