What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fast editing

Samar12

Hi guys, I have a bit random question. I recently started working for a small online gaming company and this week I was asked to recruit freelance photo editors. The idea is that we will edit photos of our gamers into some sort of avatars. We need to take their existing photographs (with their permission of course) and enhance them: clean, tanned skin, bigger bright eyes, improved hair and teeth, bigger breasts for ladies. The one thing my boss requested is that we want to be able to edit each photo in 5 minutes or less to keep the cost low (as I said it is a small quite new company) I myself just started learning photo editing recently and have no idea if something like this is even possible. My question is how much we can improve photo having such little time? I'm sorry if this question seems silly but I have no idea where to ask.

Hey, Hoogle, realize that a 5 minute limit could give a whole new slant to our old favorite freebie-vs-freelance discussion. :rofl:

BTW, that link you posted was interesting and lots of fun, but I would die trying to keep up a 5 min per shot pace.

@OP: I can't imagine myself or any pro that I know who would take on an arrangement like that. It sounds like slave labor. There are websites in China / 3rd world countries that might do it, but it sounds way too cheap even for them.

T

The liquefy tool would do a lot of what he /she is asking in a matter of minutes, if not seconds.

Samar12, I think you are just a big dreamer. Wake up! Lots of interesting comments waiting for you.:banghead:

C'mon guys, you can't blame a guy for trying! He's just doing what he was asked to do. He tried to disguise his recruiting efforts as an awkward question.

I think TomM's answer made the point............I can't imagine myself or any pro that I know who would take on an arrangement like that. It sounds like slave labor. There are websites in China / 3rd world countries that might do it, but it sounds way too cheap even for them.

Hi again guys. Thanks everyone who took time to reply to this thread. To make it clear I am not trying to recruit anyone and this wasn't my intention when I posted my question. I will be discussing this idea with my boss on Monday and simply wanted to know how far we can get with editing photos having minimum amount of time. I am myself a total novice when it comes to photoshop so figured that I will ask someone with more experience as it seem to me tall order too. None of the replies gave me any relevant information but that's fine, won't be taking more of your valuable time. Thanks again.

Back