What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could anyone help a newbie out with this picture?

photographer12

Hi guys, I have this picture of my girlfriends dad, its his birthday and we have been going through old photos of him travelling, we are going to try to blow this picture up and frame it for him. However I'm having problems due to the low resolution of the image. I need to remove the lady in the picture, would anybody be able to do this for me? or give me some guidance, much appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• don in london.jpg
    don in london.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 14

Windows7

Power User
This one is really difficult because the background contains alot behind the woman.

I tried but without good result.. but ok.. i'm a newbie myself.

I'm very curious if some experts here can do the job.. i'm really curious!! :)

Hey Photographer12! This is what I have so far after 15 mins work with the clone tool/levels.. I've also started to remove the texture that the original print seemed to have. I'd love to know what people think so far..

smallversion.jpg

chitkaran

Guru
Well, this looks indeed a challenging and time comsuming task.. there are a couple of areas that would need to be created (legs & shoes of rider, mid section of the horse)

... Plus ...

the resolution of the image ain't that good so the levels/brightness/contrast/colors/saturation and many other things need to be tweaked too before the image could be said to be 'ready for print'....

I will see what i can do but dont count on me as I might not get time until first week of Jan.

chitkaran

Guru
here's the DIY steps..

1. Use clone stamp tool to remove the girl first.
2. Use google and see how the legs of the rider look and recreate them.
3. Add tider boots and other details.
4. create midsection of the horse.
5. Create the background that would show under the horse's midsection
6. Might need to create a leg for the horse.
7. Adjust evels/brightness/contrast/colors/saturation and make the picture Print Ready

Happy photoSHOPPING ....!!!

Windows7

Power User
Hey Photographer12! This is what I have so far after 15 mins work with the clone tool/levels.. I've also started to remove the texture that the original print seemed to have. I'd love to know what people think so far..

View attachment 40662

Ow man it looks really incredible!!! You know i tried a few times today but the result was... disgusting!! So i've quit. Even after watching some youtube instructionals of how to remove someone from a picture it didn't succeeded!!?? :s

But ok.. i'm a ps newbie! :)

How long are you working with ps and is it your job like alot of people here?