What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush settings?

evt_must_go

I saw this picture, and can you see the blue background? (disregard the okay okay part)
psh fine.jpg
I believe that it's edited using the brush settings because when the editor used it, she said that she was just painting it freely, not one by one, meaning the brush was pre-set with some scattering and other shape dynamics altered.
When I tried to do it, I only came up with this;
0000000001.PNG
It didn't turn out the way I would like it to be. The brushes are in other directions, can it be the same with the one at the top? Only facing upward or left, it's uniform. Do you guys know how?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi EMG, and welcome to PSG!

I don't think scattering or shape dynamics was used at all. If you look at the image, most of the brush strokes are going in the same direction with a few exceptions.

I do think that different brush modes (Behind and Overlay) were used, varying brushes and sizes, different opacity and fill settings, and of course colors.

Here's a quick example!
Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 8.00.17 AM.png

Last edited: