What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help creating Superman the Movie Credits in Photoshop shop CS5.5

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for taking time to read this I'm trying to achieve this on this webpage but in Photoshop CS5.5, I'm not that good with photoshop but would love someone to show me or give me a tutorial to do it. i would like to have a single line of text and a double line as shown on the page.

Apologies i can't post a link just yet as I'm a new member so i have taken pics of the page, the Url for the page is shown at the top of the first image.
Thanks for your help :)
Alexei

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.40.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.40.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.45.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.45.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.51.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.51.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.55.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.05.55.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.06.00.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.06.00.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.06.04.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 18.06.04.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
So far I have managed to workout how to do the outline in the correct (ish) colour. I used Tahoma as the Font. Just cant work out how to do the extrusion and the rest :)
Thanks
Alexei
Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 19.10.24.png

Hi theonlytexaspete,

Are you trying to do the animation in PS or just a still image? Would require different techniques.

Hi George,

thank you you for responding. I am wanting to do a still image that I can put on top of backgrounds, use as a watermark, and edit the text with. So no actual motion required :)
thanks
alexei

Hi theonlytexaspete,

Are you trying to do the animation in PS or just a still image? Would require different techniques.

Hi theonlytexaspete, I haven't had a chance to give this a good look yet, but the demo you showed could probably be duplicated in Illustrator using the Illustrator Blend tool if you have that program. Also you might want to try Arial Black for the font, I think it is closer to the sample.

Hi George,
thank you, I looked at Arial and your right much closer :) I do have Illustrator but I have never used and don't know how to use it? :-( I'm also a newbie with photoshop and mainly use it for quick restoration of photos and adding a watermark, but am trying to learn new things all the time :)
thanks for your help :)
alexei

Hi theonlyhtexaspete,

Here is one solution that I came up with that will work with almost any version of Photoshop using basic tools. Not an exact match but pretty close.

Create Type with a layer effect stroke for the blue outline, I used Arial Black

Copy layer
Rasterizer Type, convert layer to smart object, rasterize smart layer
Select white letters using Magic Wand (uncheck Contiguous), delete - leaving blue outline
That finishes large type layer

Copy Layer, reduce size and move up. (Edit, Transform, Scale)
That just about finishes small type layer, we will reduce the opacity later

Copy large text layer, leave where it is
Go to Filters and use a Motion Blur filter on the new layer
Move the new layer up so that the bottom of the blur matches the main text position
Use the Distort tool to distort the blur layer
Move the top corners back to the small text
Move the bottom corners way out to the bottom, aligning the sides of the distortion box with the main text.
Use the Eraser tool to clean up around the bottom of the text

Lower the opacity of the small text layer for best look, I used 39%

Not perfect, but pretty close using techniques which will work with almost any version of Photoshop. I did this example pretty quickly, taking a little more care it could be a lot better.

Final step I didn't do, replace the black background with a star field.

superman01.jpg

superman02.jpg

superman03.jpg

superman04.jpg

superman05.jpg

superman06.jpg

superman07.jpg

superman08.jpg

superman09.jpg

Hi Alexei, you can improve the look a little bit more by using the Brightness/Contrast control on the blend layer and push the Brightness all the way to the top. Still not as nice as using the Blend control in a program like Illustrator or CorelDRAW, but getting closer.

George

Hi George,
thanks again :) in hoping at some point to be able to do stuff like this? But I suppose this is done in Illustrator as well? :-(
Thanks again
Alexei
image.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This can be done in an extended version of Ps that has 3D.

That is probably done in Illustrator, but Photoshop CS6 and up has a nice Extrude Text option that works with the 3D controls that will do a lot of what you are looking for. Personally I would use Illustrator for the extrude and then maybe a little touch-up in Photoshop. Of course a good 3D program could do this in a heart beat.

Hi Alexei,

No, not the subscription photoshop. That was done in Photoshop CS6 Extended. I am sure though that the Photoshop CC subscription version has the same feature. I am starting creating a new training title for Photoshop CC this weekend so I will be able to double check that next week.

George