What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change rastor image into vector?

mcs756s

Hi folks - new to PS, and new to this forum! I have so many image ideas in my mind that I decided I need to learn this myself. I have CS5 .

I have an image that I had someone create for me, and they are no longer available. I want to make it into a Tshirt design so I need t vectorize it. Can anyone tell me how to do this with CS5?

Forever grateful!

mcs756s (are we supposd to use our login name?)

mcs756s

Yep - I have it open. Tried to follow someone's directions but they are using the cloud; cs5 has totally different options in different locations so it did not make sense. My firs attempt ended in about 3 boring colors. I wonder if I first make a blank outline then fill "paint" each area in? Would that work?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
The Illustrator gurus will be checking in any moment.

Doing a vector image may require a bit of pre-planning to determine the best way to execute the drawing.

I use other vector programs. Depending on the image, I would do the basic outlines before filling in the color.

Or do the silhouette of the subject then do the main inner parts with color fill one by one.