What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airbrush Background

aadaaam

How would i create and airbrush background like the image here? Please could someone help me? :

yvQRr8c.gif

:)

aadaaam

when i try the airbrush, it doesn't give me the effect in the picture, just a blurred paintbrush effect? anyhelp, also i could not find anyway to set the brush to wide :( :)

MikeMc

McGuru
go to your brushes and find the preferences...What version of PS do you have?

ibclare

Queen Bee
If you mean soft edges and less than opaque painting, then yes, that is what you will get with the airbrush, similar to a soft-edged round brush. Use the airbrush at varying opacities and at different flow rates which will give you much better control.

What I am seeing in your example (it would be nice to see an enlargedment but ...) appears to be added noise. I would suggest trying this. Go to filter>noise>add noise. In the window, choose Guassian, monochromatic, and experiment with the amount.

A useful tool when adding a filter to any layer, especially if you think you might want to change it, is to make that layer a smart object or smart filter, and this keeps the filter application editable. Just right click on the layer and choose convert to smart object.

This image may possibly be using the layer mode, dissolve, a mode which rarely has much use, IMHO, but thisd might be one of those times that it is useful (but noise seems a better option).

Let us know if this is taking you in the right direction.

Last edited: