What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make an advertising poster like this ?

tai.nguyenthe22911

Dear all,

I am trying to design an laptop advertising poster, based on the content of this advertising

hp-wallpaper-by-aina-oluwasegun.jpg

The problem is that I dont know how to create the effects such on the pictures, such as from the lighting line, lighting dust. Therefore, I hope you guys could help me.

Thanks and take care,

The dotted line can be made using a pen tool and then a spaced brush if I recall correctly from previous discussions. Members who have commented on the method are several people. I think Hawkeye was one of them? But others have done this more than I have and would be able to give you instruct in it.

The starry part looks like what could be done creating an outer space star field. I suppose it can also be done by creating a layer of round or star shapes, blurred so they aren't quite obvious stars and applying layer effects such a inner and outer glows.

It appears that the glowing background is done with a radial gradient going from the neon green out to black. It may also have a surface or gaussian blur added to it to create the additional softness.

It's not exactly the same as the example, but I used the Pen Tool and type on a path. After making the path I just selected the Type Tool clicked on the path and hit the plus sign a few times. I then added a layer mask and used a soft brush set to black (1% flow) and faded the ends.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 1.23.46 PM.png

The BG is a green radial gradient layer over a black BG layer.

I made the light streaks by first setting up the Brush Tool with the size I desire the streaks to be. I then start pulling in some horizontal guide lines to mark where I want the streaks to be and for alignment. The I used the Pen Tool to make straight lines on the guide lines, right click the path and choose stroke path, set to Brush, and check simulate pressure. I made several and then started copying them. I also set them to different opacity settings.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 6.20.39 PM.png

With the Pen Tool, I created the tentacles one at a time. Right click on the path and choose "make a selection" and set the feather radius to 1px and click OK. Fill the selection with white. I then added a "outer glow" layer style to the tentacle. Do the same with the other two......or...... you could make them all as one path, it's up to you. If you do create them separately, hold alt/option and click and drag the FX icon on the previous layer to the other two layers to duplicate the layer style.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 7.41.04 PM.png

On a new layer and on top of the tentacle layer(s), use the Brush Tool with a large soft brush set to green, click once or twice. Lower the opacity to suit.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 7.45.11 PM.png

On a new layer do the same thing using white.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 7.46.27 PM.png

I made the light streaks by first setting up the Brush Tool with the size I desire the streaks to be. I then start pulling in some horizontal guide lines to mark where I want the streaks to be and for alignment. The I used the Pen Tool to make straight lines on the guide lines, right click the path and choose stroke path, set to Brush, and check simulate pressure. I made several and then started copying them. I also set them to different opacity settings.

View attachment 47181

Thank you very much for your deep explanation, it is very helpful

Back