What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with Gradient Colour, Only Black and White

tai.nguyenthe22911

Dear all,

I have a problem that is whatever color and type I chose for gradients, they just appear black and white, please tell me how to recover my gradient tool as fast as you can.

Thanks and take care,

i am not really sure about what preset I am using. Actually, I downloaded some new gradients from web and used them, after cant not come back to default gradients, I press reset gradient and it turned out like that.

These are presets...

Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 11.00.00 AM.png

When you have one of these color presets selected, are you getting color in the gradient?

A screen shot would help.

Yes, check your gradient editor - the gradient example you see on the left in the tool bar menu. If it is black and white, that's what you will get.

So choose the colors you want for foreground and background - as you would for using the paintbrush, etc.

To change the black and white, right or double click on the gradient "example." Choose a gradient style or customize one:

On the lower level of stops, click one and you will see a color square come up. Click in the color square and choose a color, then do the same for the other. You can use your color swatch, FG & BG (or the set of swatches if you like), and choose the color you want on either end of the gradient.

If this is what you want and you're having trouble following the steps, let us know and I or one of the members will make screen shots of the steps for you.

Yes, check your gradient editor - the gradient example you see on the left in the tool bar menu. If it is black and white, that's what you will get.

So choose the colors you want for foreground and background - as you would for using the paintbrush, etc.

To change the black and white, right or double click on the gradient "example." Choose a gradient style or customize one:

On the lower level of stops, click one and you will see a color square come up. Click in the color square and choose a color, then do the same for the other. You can use your color swatch, FG & BG (or the set of swatches if you like), and choose the color you want on either end of the gradient.

If this is what you want and you're having trouble following the steps, let us know and I or one of the members will make screen shots of the steps for you.

Thanks Ibclare,

I have tried your suggestions and it worked and I want to thank all you guys who gave me suggestions and advices.

Thanks all and take care,

Back