What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadow edges - how to?

dadobuc

Hey masters. Can one of you tell me, how to get this effect? See the attachment.

I want to see hard edges where colour blends on the face.

Anyone can show me in Photoshop 6?

Attachments

• hendrix.jpg
    hendrix.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 4
Ignoring the funky angle and sepia tone of the example, the two simplest ways to get a similar effect are:

1. Cutout - found under filter gallery / artistic / cutout.

2. Posterize - found under image/adjustments and under "add adjustment layer"; and,

Below is an example of each (in the order listed above). The very first image is what I started with, my photo of an item at the Corning Museum of Glass here in the States.

HTH,

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_7424jpg-acr_incr_contrast-ps02a_sRGB-698px_hi-00_orig.jpg
    IMG_7424jpg-acr_incr_contrast-ps02a_sRGB-698px_hi-00_orig.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7424jpg-acr_incr_contrast-ps02a_sRGB-698px_hi-02_cutout.jpg
    IMG_7424jpg-acr_incr_contrast-ps02a_sRGB-698px_hi-02_cutout.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7424jpg-acr_incr_contrast-ps02a_sRGB-698px_hi-03_posterize.jpg
    IMG_7424jpg-acr_incr_contrast-ps02a_sRGB-698px_hi-03_posterize.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 27
Hi Sierra - Once again, great minds think alike, LOL. You posted while I was putting the demo together.

:)

Tom

"Sepia Haze", one of Jimi's unreleased studio tracks, soon to be brought to you by PSG Productions. The scheduled release date is later tonight, that is, if at least one of us can get our brownies made in time.

Tom

PS - Very, very funny, Mike!!!

"Sepia Haze", one of Jimi's unreleased studio tracks, soon to be brought to you by PSG Productions. The scheduled release date is later tonight, that is, if at least one of us can get our brownies made in time.

Tom

PS - Very, very funny, Mike!!!

I have always loved Jimi......That was my first thought....Now where did I leave those brownies......:yummy::yourock:

Smoking.png

Masked, sharpened, colorized Jimi, gaussian blured backgroung, colorized background....

Smoking.jpg

Masked, sharpened colorized background and Jimi....

I look at the original image and I just couldent posterize and lose detail

Last edited:

Back