What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GIF shows all layers

Raptor.exe

Hey guys! I am new to the forums, but i really need your help here. I have made a gif, each layer is a frame, but when I save it, it shows all the layers..
Here is what I mean:
rvej.gif
How do I fix this? Please help! Thank you :)

I took a look at your GIF, with each new frame you kept the last frame. You should have added a new frame, turned on the next layer and turned off the last layer......and so on.

Yeah, that's what I did. It looks fine in the screen when I do Save for Web. But when I view the gif anywhere else it doesn't work.Here's the .psd

Attachments

• giphy.psd
    742.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ok...

Open your PSD.
Go to your timeline.
Select all frames.
Right click on one of the selected frames and change to auto.
Save for web.

giphyTest_03.gif

...or as a png to avoid the white 'fringe'...
(Should be animated in Firefox, for other browsers download first, then view in image viewer.)

giphy_100.png

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:
Yeah I used .gif. A little white outline won't matter too much I guess. Thank you all again!

Yeah I used .gif. A little white outline won't matter too much I guess. Thank you all again!

Yeah apng's are really cool but the downside is not all browsers support them.

The white 'fringe' is created by the 'gif' format, it doesn't support graduated transparency, its either on or off, any graduated transparency is replaced by white hence the 'fringe', so works well on a white BG but sticks out like a baboons backside on anything else.

If you want to remove it then you'd have to 'de-fringe' the animation on each layer, having just 0% opacity or 100% opacity. that may be more work than its worth so unless you use apng you're unfortunately stuck with it.

I may have mis-lead you a little with the 'image viewer', sorry. XnView supports apng and is the only image viewer I use, apart from Firefox, and on trying a few others, namely Irfanview, Faststone and Windows picture viewer it appears its the only one to support apng's.

I didn't think it would be a viable option but thought I'd throw it in just in case....you never know, it may be useful if the apng format becomes more popular.....which personally I think it should.

Regards.
MrTom.

As an after thought...
You can also remove the white 'fringe' by using the 'matte' option when saving as a gif through 'Save for web and devices'.

Eyedrop the 'red' colour and set the 'matte' to 'Eyedropper colour'.
That will fill in the gaps as it were removing any graduated transparency and giving you a good clean 'edge'....the 'matte' will keep the transparent pixels where they are needed.

Thus:

giphy_MT2.gif

Regards.
MrTom.

Back