What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Q] How to make same surface ?

Karim Kahale

Hello, I am currently practicing shooting products and cleaning them in photoshop, I am experiencing a problem.
The sponge that I shooted down below is not unicolored, notice the dark and light parts of it.
How can I make all the surface get the same color using photoshop?
I searched online a lot but couldn't find my problem.

I also have other photos with same issues.
Thanks!

SP640 (4000).JPGSP642 (4000).jpgSP643 (4000).JPGSP644 (5000).JPGSP646 (5000).JPGSP653 (7000) (4 colors).JPG

nachofrades

If you know to mask, mask the dark or the light zones and correct levels... it's very easy and photoshop can help you.

SP640 (4000).jpg

1 minute, its not perfect of course! :cheesygrin:

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Karim and welcome to PSG.

Open you document in PS.
If you have not already separated the mitt from it's background, then do so now.

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.12.27 AM.png

Add a Curves adjustment layer above the separated mitt layer.

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.16.20 AM.png

Next, Command/Control + click the mitt layers thumbnail to make a selection of the mitt.

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.18.24 AM.png

Choose the Curves Adjustment layers layer mask in the layers panel by clicking on it.

Select your Brush Tool. Choose a soft brush set to BLACK and set its Flow to 1% and the opacity to 100%.

Now your going to brush over the areas you would like to change. I chose to change the lighter areas to be darker, to me the mitt looked better.
Hit Command/Control + D to deselect when your done.

NOTE: You wont see this in the document, but your Curves Adjustment layers mask will look something like this...

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.12.01 AM.png

Now adjust your Curves Adjustment layer to match the rest of your mitt.

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.36.13 AM.png

And your done.

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.32.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.34.08 AM.png

Last edited:

Karim Kahale

Hello Karim and welcome to PSG.

Thank You so much for your reply.
Well, I did exactly what you said until I faced a problem at this step: "Now your going to brush over the areas you would like to change. I chose to change the lighter areas to be darker, to me the mitt looked better.,
Hit Command/Control + D to deselect when your done."
The thing is that I don't know how did you choose the color of the dark/light zones and apply it to the other parts, and which brush you used, opacity and other details.
The mitt you did seemed perfect but I didn't manage to do that .
I tried searching the internet for solutions or help but I got confused.

Thanks again!!!!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Karim, I edited the tutorial to include:

Choose the Curves Adjustment layers layer mask in the layers panel by clicking on it.

Select your Brush Tool. Choose a soft brush set to BLACK and set its Flow to 1% and the opacity to 100%.

Now your going to brush over the areas you would like to change. I chose to change the lighter areas to be darker, to me the mitt looked better.
Hit Command/Control + D to deselect when your done.

Remember, your painting on the layer mask of the CURVES ADJUSTMENT LAYER.