What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I remove writing on a gradient background

praygon

Hello everyone.

So what I need help with is thus. I have a menu I have scanned and uploaded onto my pc that I need to change the prices by covering up the old prices and replacing them with new ones. The guy who asked me to do this is rather cheep and as such wont hire a professional to just make him another menu so as a friend he asked me and i fear iv bitten off more than i can chew as it is due in tomorrow.

Here's an example of what I mean.
example.png
As you can see it has a rather annoying/ugly yellowy white background so at the end of my tether I ask you fine people is their a way step by step that i can erase the old prices and replace them without making the menu look ugly(er).

MrToM

Guru
£2.30 for chips and curry sauce !!!! Do they come with a gold-plated fork?

On a more serious note:

1. Create new layer above the menu.
2. Fill this layer with a linear gradient, using the original image to sample the two colours you need....(yellow / white)
3. Then EITHER:
A. Re-Type from scratch whatever you need...menu items and prices...or...
B: Mask the MENU part of the new gradient layer to reveal the menu, then re-type just the prices.

Fairly straightforward.

Regards.
MrTom.

MikeMc

McGuru
Give him what he WANTS TO PAY FOR.....I would use a black sharpie...

Attachments

• example1.png
    example1.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Simply draw a rectangular selection around the very bottom right where there is not text. Then, grab the Content Aware Move tool, check Extend at the command bar. Then just move the selection with the tool from place to place until you have eradicated the text. Then type in the new.
menu.JPG

ALB68

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it was CS5............not sure though.

praygon

Thank you so much Larry the technique you put forward worked like a charm.
I just finished the project handed it in and got paid I am in your debt sir and this problem has been solved :thumbsup:

ALB68

You are welcome. Glad you sorted it out.
Thank you so much Larry the technique you put forward worked like a charm.
I just finished the project handed it in and got paid I am in your debt sir and this problem has been solved :thumbsup: