What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ideas for a logo and a photo

bobrock4

I would like to add a face close to the logo. I imagine a photoborder. Any suggest? I'm a newbie.
Here there's the material http://goo.gl/ZsVHLv

Thanks and ciao :)consulente_80.jpg

Attachments

• Schermata 2014-08-25 a 15.50.52.png
    Schermata 2014-08-25 a 15.50.52.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Open your 'logo'.
Use 'Place Embedded'........ File > Place Embedded...
Choose your 'Face'.
Click 'Place'.
Position where you want it and accept.

Some things to note:
'Placing' images has settings in the preferences.
A 'Placed' image can be placed AS a smart object or not.
If it IS placed as a smart object you can choose if it gets placed @100% or not.

Regards.
MrTom.

bobrock4

Logo is a png file. Under File > there's a 'Place' but it isn't active. 'Place' is instead active on some jpg files.

'Place embedded' command is not present in my 11.0.2 version. I have tried to active it somewhere in preferences, but I haven't found any good voice.

Thanks and ciao

MrToM

Guru
No worries...

Open BOTH the images.
With both images visible in the workspace (They should each be in their own window):
Select the 'Move' tool.
CLICK and DRAG the 'face' image ONTO the other window document (The 'logo' image).

This should effectively 'place' the 'face' image onto, and above, the 'logo' layer in the 'logo' document.
If you want to 'center' the image hold down 'shift' before dropping...probably no need as you'll be moving it anyway.

If that fails then again open BOTH images.
With the 'face' document active use Ctrl + A to select ALL.
Use Ctrl + C to copy the entire 'face' layer. (Copies to clipboard)
Switch to the 'logo' document being active.
Use Ctrl + V to paste the clipboard contents (The 'face' layer) into the 'logo' document.
It should appear in a new layer above the 'background' logo layer and will center itself in the canvas when pasted.

If that fails then I dunno....pour yourself a stiff drink and put your feet up. :)

Regards.
MrTom.