What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browns

catz

Does anyone knows how to make editions like this?

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

OMGiBrokeMyTablet

Just take a good photo, blur the background, and adjust the Hue or/and curves to make the brown stand out.

Tom Mann

Guru
Dear OMG..., since there are so any different possibilities and choices to be made at each of the several steps that you mentioned, it would be much more useful to the OP (and credible, for that matter), if you could post a complete example of techniques that you suggest, say, in the form of an unflattened psd file. For example, I'm quite experienced at PS, but because your description is so general, even I don't know exactly what technique you had in mind when you said "make the brown stand out".

Here's a photo I took a couple of years ago in fairly similar lighting. To make it easier for you, its background is even already OOF. Feel free to use it as a starting point.

How 'bout it? Show us exactly how to "make the brown stand out" in my photo.

Tom M

Attachments

• D7B_1817nef-LR3-jpg_900px-02_for_web.jpg
    D7B_1817nef-LR3-jpg_900px-02_for_web.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

OMGiBrokeMyTablet

Dear OMG..., since there are so any different possibilities and choices to be made at each of the several steps that you mentioned, it would be much more useful to the OP (and credible, for that matter), if you could post a complete example of techniques that you suggest, say, in the form of an unflattened psd file. For example, I'm quite experienced at PS, but because your description is so general, even I don't know exactly what technique you had in mind when you said "make the brown stand out".

Here's a photo I took a couple of years ago in fairly similar lighting. To make it easier for you, its background is even already OOF. Feel free to use it as a starting point.

How 'bout it? Show us exactly how to "make the brown stand out" in my photo.

Tom M

Hello again,

The uploader's photo contain a big majority of brown, when yours contain just a minority (to the eye of an amateur i intend). This is just a "brownization" of the photo:
D7B_1817nef-LR3-jpg_900px-02_for_web.jpg

Here is another photo that i just made quick-mode (background + model) to try to illustrate what i way saying. I added a bokeh (or whatever it's called) effect on the background to imitate the little circle blur that i don't know how to do yet, & simply adjusted the hue, the curves and the saturation.
photographer_petertbrown_04.jpg

I'll make specificiations & a better manipulation tonight :)

Tom Mann

Guru
OMG: "...The uploader's photo contain a big majority of brown, when yours contain just a minority..."

That's EXACTLY the point. The OP's photo was "after" treatment. It is the target that you are trying to achieve, whereas mine was a typical "before" shot that needs to be processed to look like the "target" image.

Photos rarely, if ever, come out of the camera "with a majority of brown". Unless the weather, lighting or the subject itself is quite unusual, they come out looking like they do in real life, ie, with a normal range of colors, often much more contrast than desired, etc. In fact, I would bet good money that the original of the OP's image looked exactly this way.

So, any procedure that one proposes to result in an image with low saturation, low contrast, and have an overall color cast ABSOLUTELY MUST be able to start with a "normal" photo.

As a good example of this, look in the parallel thread Vanilla Tones thread at the results of me processing my (saturated, contrasty) photo of the fiddler with this goal in mind. The only substantive difference between that thread and this one is that the desired overall color cast is slightly different in the two threads.

HTH,

Tom M