What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deniedaccess

Hi all,

I'm trying to follow a tutorial on how to make a selection of a person from a background.

In the Zoemask.jpg I just don't know how to make the selection any better.
I turn on smart radius, and put radius up all the way. Decontaminate colors is up all the way too.

When I use the refine radius tool it just seems to leave a smudge-like texture, or bring out the background or a combination of the two. Also, the grey near the glove on the right won't budge.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Zoemask.jpg
    Zoemask.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Zoe.jpg
    Zoe.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 20

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hey, your actually looking pretty good on most of it. Just put a layer mask on it and clean it up. With the layer mask you can do very detailed editing..take away..add back etc non destructively. Here is a quickie with your result so far. Also, while you have a mask selection active, you can hit Q and go to Quickmask and with your paintbrush (set to black and white) you can paint additional areas you need masked. (Black adds, White subtracts)
zoe layer mask.JPG

Last edited:

deniedaccess

Thank you both, I'll give those a shot. :)

Any tips to repair the fading on the arm on the left? Clone stamp or an easier method?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Clone stamp is your best bet.
Thank you both, I'll give those a shot. :)

Any tips to repair the fading on the arm on the left? Clone stamp or an easier method?