What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there restrictions on certain colors?

beginnerfun

IN this illustration I wanted to make a certain line the color 1064bc. I could be doing it wrong, as this was how I read to do it on another site, but when I tri to change it y to that color, it would just change it to another color when I saev.

Here is a video showing what is happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=E0ALK7krNmQ

hawkeye

Guru
You should start by explaining what it is you are trying to do and the tools you are using. There are much simpler methods for just making a colored line.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What tool did you use to make the line?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If your using the LINE TOOL, it's a shape tool and colors are best changed using the 'set shape fill type' in the tools option bar.

Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 9.33.04 PM.png

If you click where the white arrow is pointing, you will open your color picker.

beginnerfun

For a line that is already made, if I click on it I don't get access to the tool bar to let me change color.

To change it in the video I was right clicking on it in the items on the right after selecting it, choosing blending options, choosing color overlay, and choosing the new color, but that didn't seem to give mte the color I selected.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If the line was made by the line tool and it's on it's own layer, then all you need to do is select any of the shape tools, highlight or select the layer.........you should have access to the options bar.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let me ask again............how did you make the line?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, is it possible for you to post a screen shot of your layers panel showing the lines.

Also when you say "click on them"..............what are you clicking on and with what tool do you have selected when you "click" on them?

In post #6, I mention that you have to have one of the shape tools selected.............and then you highlight the line (shape) layer by clicking on the layer in the layers panel. If you don't have one of the shape tools selected, you won't have access to the tool options bar.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Overload! Overload! :doh: