What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making my first textures for a model. Looking for advice.w

Andy Wilkins

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a mod for Skyrim adding in armor and clothes from the series RWBY, and I'm having some troubles about making some new textures for one of my meshes.

This is the character I'm currently making a texture for, specifically her jacket.

I've made a basic shape in photoshop and filled it in with the base colors I'm going to use, but from there I've got no idea how to make folds or variations in the color.

.e756UGu.png
EATxMnL.png

If the model ISN'T animated could you apply what you have now, set your lighting and then bake it? (In whatever 3D app you use)

This would only work if the model is static but it would also get you a more realistic map.

Other than that its down to your skill as an artist and your manual dexterity with a paint brush.

Regards.
MrTom.

Back