What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Following a tutorial...

deniedaccess

I just bought Photoshop Wow CS3/CS4 and I'm following a tutorial on a clear colour text effect. Problem is, even following the values given my results look nothing like they do in the book. Like when I give it a drop shadow or inner shadow it looks smaller than it should.

When I view the .psd for the tutorial I'm using the same values so I don't know where I'm going wrong. Would it be because I'm using CS6 and the tutorials were made for CS3? I can provide the .psd if anyone has the time to help. I just signed up for dropbox so let me know what I have to do. Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Some of the older tutorials may take on some minor differences in newer versions of Ps, but it shouldn't be that different.

Without the tutorial, your .PSD would be more or less meaningless. Nothing to compare it with.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One thing I forgot to mention, there's no rule that says that your value inputs must look the same as the tutorial. Just increase or decrease the value until it does look like the tutorial or until it looks the way you like it.