What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make this mosaic?

inkpad.t

Guru
If you zoom in to the image it appears there is one shape that has been made in to a brush and a single small line as another brush which I have highlighted in the image below .
2014-09-21 18_56_20-.jpg

You can take an image of a face in to Photoshop.. de saturate it, lower the opacity, create a layer above the image and then use the custom brushes to follow the areas you want , changing the colour of the brush between black and white... it is possible to get the small line by doing small lines side by side and creating a brush. then use the pen tool to do horizontal lines and then stoke the path, make the path longer than needed then move it left or right to get the staggered effect , if your doing that I would put that layer above your image then another layer for the other brush above that to get the facial features and the hair. When done remove the first layers lines on the outside of the image you don't need with an eraser or a mask ( prefer masks as this none destructive ).

You don't have to worry about custom brushes just yet, just use a hard round brush for now using the black and white colours to practice with.

Hope this helps... I'm sue there might be a quicker way to do this effect if you find a tutorial on the web, but using the brushes will get you use to using Photoshop and how it works.

colleague

Guru
I would do it with an action

make a selection , filter average and move the selection

the only thing you have to do is repeat the action

you can do that with the Original RGB or with grey image or with black-white treshold adjustment layer

Attachments

• 20a9w69.jpg
    20a9w69.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great job Colleague! Can you explain a bit more about how you did it?