What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duplication of groups of layer

bobrock4

I have found some psd resources to improve my web designs. I open them and I try to take a group of layers, duplicating them on my working file. The group has been copied but in all attempts I can't see the imported elements in my file. In what have I been wrong?

Thanks to all

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure you can see the canvas of both the source and destination images. On the source image, grab that layer or layer group and drag it over to the destination image. Release and you're done. OR, you can also select the group you wish to copy and right click, then click duplicate. In the window that comes up there is a dropdown option called 'Document'. Use the dropdown menu to select the destination file you want to copy the group to.

Last edited:

bobrock4

Thanks Iam Sam for your reply,

I have done following your instructions obtaining what I have needed.

Photoshop is often difficult for a newbie, sometimes simple task require specific steps not very intuitive.

Bye

Make sure you can see the canvas of both the source and destination images. On the source image, grab that layer or layer group and drag it over to the destination image. Release and you're done. OR, you can also select the group you wish to copy and right click, then click duplicate. In the window that comes up there is a dropdown option called 'Document'. Use the dropdown menu to select the destination file you want to copy the group to.