What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a realistic look to image - bulb

oodya

Hello all,

I am in the process of making a catalogue. I have an LED bulb which I am looking at adding a Red colour to it. Although adding the red colour is fairly straightforward, I'm just looking to add a slightly more realistic look - as in to make it look as though it is switched on. I am looking at doing this for Red, Green and Blue colours.

I have attached an example of the bulbs that look fairly realistic with the reflections etc - see 'example bulbs'. However, I am trying to do something similar for the attached '6w bulb.psd'.

Can anyone help / provide suggestions?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Oodya

Attachments

• example bulbs.jpg
    example bulbs.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 6W Bulb.psd
    729.3 KB · Views: 4
...an example of the bulbs that look fairly realistic...

Well, if an actual photograph only looks 'fairly realistic' to you then my skill level falls well below your expectations, but, if you're willing to accept a sub-standard solution to what I think is what you want then try this:

[Using your 6W Bulb.psd file ]
Right click layer 图层 1
Choose 'Blending Options'
Check 'Blend Interior Effects as Group'
Click 'OK'

Now change layer 图层 1 blending mode to something that looks realistic enough for you.

Sorry if I've not understood the question correctly.

Regards.
MrTom.

Back