What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make this?

Tom Mann

Guru
Welcome to PSG. Unfortunately, we don't know a single thing about you, so I've got to ask you some real basic questions ...

• Exactly what software do you have available (ie, a full version of PS, PS Elements, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)?
  • How much have you already used this software (ie, how advanced are you)?
  • Is your intended purpose to modify a photo by adding this word to it, or to actually have it printed on a shirt or something else?
  • If "something else", how big is the "something else" (eg, a tiny sticker or avitar versus a giant tarp)?

Tom M

sorluix33

Welcome to PSG. Unfortunately, we don't know a single thing about you, so I've got to ask you some real basic questions ...

• Exactly what software do you have available (ie, a full version of PS, PS Elements, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)? I'm using PS CS6
  • How much have you already used this software (ie, how advanced are you)? I can do some basic, so i need step by step instruction on this.
  • Is your intended purpose to modify a photo by adding this word to it, or to actually have it printed on a shirt or something else? I want to do something similar like the "life" word effect on the t-shirt. The effect kinda looks like it's a patch on shirt
  • If "something else", how big is the "something else" (eg, a tiny sticker or avitar versus a giant tarp)?

Tom M

Sorry, this is my first time on this forum. Please help!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
sorluix33, is there anyway you could take the time to answer Toms question? It would really help us to know how to instruct you. Thanks.

sorluix33

Hi, I already answered it next to the questions.

Let me put this up again

Exactly what software do you have available (ie, a full version of PS, PS Elements, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)? I'm using PS CS6
How much have you already used this software (ie, how advanced are you)? I can do some basic, so i need step by step instruction on this.
Is your intended purpose to modify a photo by adding this word to it, or to actually have it printed on a shirt or something else? I want to do something similar like the "life" word effect on the t-shirt. The effect kinda looks like it's a patch on shirt
If "something else", how big is the "something else" (eg, a tiny sticker or avitar versus a giant tarp)?

Sorluix, try downloading the VARSITY font from a free font website. Type out your desired text in that font, and choose a color. CTL+click your text layer thumbnail, create a layer BELOW your text layer, then click select>modify>expand and choose a number (of pixels) to expand your selection. Choose a fill color from your color picker, then hit ALT+Backspace to fill the selection on that new, empty layer. That should give you an outline around the text as in the tank top example. The outline will be on its own layer, so you can change at will without affecting your text layer.