What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new user help me out

wizzap

Hi new to the forums and photo shop I have been trying to learn photo shop by using the photo shop online free editor before i buy it but can don't figure it out Im trying to remove the white part of the image and place it on a black back ground can some one walk me thru what to do or help me out.

wheelchair-Copy_zps30ce4383.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

egosbar

Guru
there are many ways to remove backrounds , the more contrast between what your trying to remove is easier , in this case the quick selection tool will work fine , select all the white , open a new document and fill with black , drag the selected white area to the new document and drop it on

you could use the magic eraser tool , and click on the blue areas then add a layer of black below it

gedstar

Guru
Last edited:
Wizzap, let us know what your results are. Magic wand, quick selection tool will both work great. See if you can find them.

wizzap

gedstar

Guru
This is what I got using the editor that you tried, did this using the wand tool and adjusting the tolerance, not perfect as image is low res

View attachment 49455

FYI "photo shop online free editor"
http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/
The link you are using is not an Adobe Photoshop product, it's just an online Photo editor. Adobe Photoshop is a much more powerful tool and a very long learning curve, which is what most of the guru's use here!

You'll get plenty of help here from many of the expert guru's on this site, as I did starting off, still lots to learn!

Ged

Last edited:

terrylee

Since the image isn't too high quality and not that sharp, the magic wand will produce a bit of a "pixelated" edge. I would suggest just tracing it yourself and then removing it from there!