What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help converting logo to vector

MrSorsa

Hey guys and girls!
I like to brows around forums and do photoshop tutorials, but I have found something that I can't manage to complete. Could you give me some advice?

I have a logo, american football logo that I need to convert into a vector image (so the lines are sharp and not blurry)

Attached the image of the logo to this thread. Could you help me make it a vector image, it is a bit difficult for me as it is not very simple and contains white.
I use photoshop 6 and Illustrator 6.

Sincerely, Caijus

09'ers.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Caijus, have you tried trace in Illustrator?

MrSorsa

Hi Caijus, have you tried trace in Illustrator?

Well yeah, I tried some, but there is quite many options, and I tried the "tracing options" --> "ignore white" but the issue seems to be that I have to make many layers right? With different colors

MrSorsa,

You should merge all your layers in Ps, then transfer the image into Illustrator. (you can always undo the merge in Ps)

Then trace the image using the High Fidelity Photo option. See how that looks.