What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afghanistan Mural photomerge - streetview style

mellons

Hello, first post so please be gentle!
Whilst in Afghanistan I took lots of photos of the murals described in this article: (turns out i cant post links so please google "bbc news 21219299" it's the link about harrys tour
I have elements 7 and I have been trying to photomerge them into panoramas, however because of space etc, I could only take the pictures walking along side the murals (like google streetview does)
Everytime i try using the wizard, it skews the images and just looks like a scribble. Can anyone advise what the best way to do it is?
Pretty Please!
Here are the images on my facebook (turns out i can't do that either!)
in a hidden album for you to see what I mean. (this is several different walls) I'm putting together a little photo book of my travels and was thinking of adding these to the bottom of some pages.
If someone would like to post the link for me if that would be easier for people to see what i mean or even for your own interest

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mellons and welcome. You are able to upload images using the "insert image" icon located in the reply window.

ImageUploadIcon_02.png

mellons

The one's i posted above are just one wall. In the album you linked to, there's all the pictures I took of four separate walls. I think what I need to do is crop out the sky and the ground and merge from there. They're going in a photobook - i was thinking of putting them at the bottom of the page. It's an A4 (about letter size for my american friends!) landscape book.

mellons

I kind of gave up with what i had in mind, but i managed to crop them out and put them together to show you here

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, sorry I have not had much time to address your issue..........been busy. I would love to see what you've come up with.

mellons

It's quite all right, we all have jobs and things to do with our days! I tried up loading it, but it wouldn't play! I'll try again tomorrow.
Ive taken each mural and photoshopped seperately, stripping out all the extraneous surroundings. They now look like cartoon tiles. I'll accept that as its not important that they're all in order. Chat tomorrow