What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help making glare effect like this!!

Mrinal Bhatt

Can someone help me make the image glare split like this???

Attachments

• Screenshot (89).png
    Screenshot (89).png
    706.8 KB · Views: 15

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Welcome to our forum, hope you find it helpful and informative!
First of all, what is your level of expertise with Photoshop?
Not having a better image, that looks to me as if at least one layer has been made by making a selection of a part of the original then entering Ctrl J to make a new layer, then that layer resized and manipulated over the layer underneath. I'll take a closer look.

Mrinal Bhatt

Hi..well this is like a display picture of an artist on soundcloud...so I dont think I can get like a very good image..if you could zoom in that would be great. My photoshop skills are just fine..but I see what you talking bout.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.PNG
    Untitled-1 copy.PNG
    427.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

ALB68

I found a good image..here is a screenshot.Made a new layer via selection. Then Ctrl T to size it and move it. Then I put a layer mask on it to block out parts not required to make the effect. This is the general idea
glare.JPG
Hi..well this is like a display picture of an artist on soundcloud...so I dont think I can get like a very good image..if you could zoom in that would be great. My photoshop skills are just fine..but I see what you talking bout.

Last edited:

Mrinal Bhatt

OH wow...so all you did was selected a layer and just moved it to the right?

I think I figured it out.....great help..any way you can provide with the image you found?

Last edited:

ALB68

Moved to the left..more or less all there was to it, plus the layer mask
OH wow...so all you did was selected a layer and just moved it to the right?

Mrinal Bhatt

Can you explain the layer mask a bit? Cause as you can see I think the re-size is a bit of a prob for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot (91).png
    Screenshot (91).png
    538.3 KB · Views: 3

ALB68

That had to do with of the way I made the selection. I copied more of his knee than I needed after I shifted it, so I just applied a layer mask and painted it away with a black brush. So in your image you can do the same to conceal areas of the layer that you don't want to show.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One thing Larry, this image is a combination of two images. One has a faux anaglyph and the other does not.

ALB68

Well thats easy for you to say..LOL...explain please!
One thing Larry, this image is a combination of two images. One has a faux anaglyph and the other does not.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The two layers are staggered and the layer mask with the anaglyph effect hides portions of the uppermost layer.

This is the layer with the faux anaglyph....

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 9.19.53 PM.png

I left this image uncropped so you can see the stagger.

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 9.17.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 9.17.46 PM.png

ALB68

Well that was my impression but I bow to someone who knows better than me as I don't know about faux anaglyphs LOL
Now that I look at the original, there may be three staggered layers.

Mrinal Bhatt

So to break it down..first the faux effect. Then the Scatter 1, then Scatter 2?

Now that i have seen it closely...i can see like there is a overlap, like one above the other

Last edited: