What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help? Need help putting images together.

Booyay

I was looking on youtube and other sites for instructions for putting a sports team in front of their team logo. I have a photo of the team and the logo but am having difficulty putting them both together so the team is infront of the logo. I gave included some sample photos. I know this is probably a simple thing but I seem to get lost in the whole thing. Thanks in advance. Can you direct me to a video if anyone knows where to find that?

Attachments

• ice boltz white JPEG.jpg
    ice boltz white JPEG.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Team Photo.jpg
    Team Photo.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 17

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Do you have a larger, higher res version of the team?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Booyay,
What version of Photoshop do you have?

Booyay

Sorry, no higher pics. Just looking for tutorial. I have seen photos where the logo is behind the team and the background of the original team photo is substitued with the logo.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It just a matter of cutting out the background from the team image.

Booyay

The team and the emblem are examples. I pulled them off the net. I tried to find a photo with both combined but am struggleing

ALB68

Just use a layer mask like so.To do this just make a new layer above the logo. Paste or place the Photo into it (actually if you paste it you'll have the layer made, just be sure it's on top) Apply a layer mask by clicking the icon at the bottom of the layers panel as shown. Then load your brush tool with black and start painting in the white mask. As you paint, you hide the areas you don't want. If you make a mistake, just switch to white and paint it back in.
layer mask.PNG

Last edited:

Booyay

Great, thanks for the help. Looks like I have some tedious work ahead of me there. Any ideas how to make it a little easier?

Booyay

how were you able to get so tight to the heads without cutting some off or keeping some background in
???

ALB68

how were you able to get so tight to the heads without cutting some off or keeping some background in
???

Zoom in real close. Remember if you make a mistake just switch to white and correct it. Not tedious. I use a graphics tablet with a pen which helps.

Booyay

Thanks, I will try something and post it here for your critique. I have used photoshop a bit but am trying new things so this is great.

ALB68

Good job! :thumbsup: