What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not_So_Banksy

That could be my next practise, still trying to get to grips with the software lol. Talk about confusion with that glare effect post lol. I'll have a dabble at this one and I shall post my result, if thats ok? Or do I post it elsewhere?

Not_So_Banksy

Mrinal Bhatt

That could be my next practise, still trying to get to grips with the software lol. Talk about confusion with that glare effect post lol. I'll have a dabble at this one and I shall post my result, if thats ok? Or do I post it elsewhere?

Not_So_Banksy
If its related to this post, then sure post it here:)

Not_So_Banksy

"Make 3 duplicate. Add a layer mask to the top two.
Add a color layer between them. Add a layer mask to top color layer. You will have to play with the layer modes of the color layers.

Highlight the first layer mask.
Then use your Rectangular Marquis tool to make a selection.
Fill the selection with black.
Highlight the next layer mask and add black to the same selection."

Got as far as this:

28wdno9.png

So when I highlight the first layer mask, I assume this would be "Duplicate 2" because if thats the case, all I'm seeing is all black layer? Or have I got this all wrong? :banghead:

(I won't be back on till later, but this is going to annoy me until I get back haha)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your color fill layers are black............and the layer mode of both color fill layers are set to normal when they should be set to another layer mode......I used color.

Sam said:
"Make 3 duplicate. Add a layer mask to the top two.
Add a color layer between them. Add a layer mask to top color layer. You will have to play with the layer modes of the color layers.

Highlight the first layer mask.
Then use your Rectangular Marquis tool to make a selection.
Fill the selection with black.
Highlight the next layer mask and add black to the same selection."

Also.........is there anyway I can get you to upload your images? This way, they will be preserved. Image hosting with embedding results in lost images later on down the road.

Last edited:

Not_So_Banksy

Thanks man, appreciate all your input for this. I'll give this another bash throughout the week. And I'll upload it using the method above.

Mrinal Bhatt

Sorry been swamped with work (end semester assignments and tests) ... well I see IamSam helped you.. feel free to ask and I will try my best:)