What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I crop a layer to the size of the image?

chick

When I copy in a layer from another file, for example a texture layer, that is larger than the image I am working, I'd like to crop that layer down to the size of the working image. Is there an easy way to do this?

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that option. I've attached a screenshot (of a screenshot) showing both the size of the layer, and what happens when I select all and Edit ... there is no Crop option in the Edit list.

I've tried the Crop icon on the left, but I have not found any way to affect what is outside the visible area.

This is CS4 if that matters.

Attachments

• 2014-11-14 12_59_42-Greenshot.png
    2014-11-14 12_59_42-Greenshot.png
    559.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sorry, my mistake, you said Image, I saw Edit .... brb

PS, I can't see how to delete a post here :(

Yep, that worked perfectly! Thanks so much, that's been bugging me for a long time :)

No worries.....

....and it was MY mistake....I did put Edit.....then I saw that was wrong and changed it....so you probably saw the post before I edited it.

Unfortunately you don't get notifications of post edits.

Sorry about that.

Regards.
MrTom.

Sorry, my mistake, you said Image, I saw Edit .... brb

PS, I can't see how to delete a post here :(

Just click on the Edit Post button and when it opens ..look lower right for the Delete option

No worries.....

....and it was MY mistake....I did put Edit.....then I saw that was wrong and changed it....so you probably saw the post before I edited it.

Unfortunately you don't get notifications of post edits.

Sorry about that.

Regards.
MrTom.

Oh good, then I don't have to worry about senior moments so much:)

Just click on the Edit Post button and when it opens ..look lower right for the Delete option

That's pretty much what I did. I didn't, and I still don't, see any Delete option. I see Edit Post, Reply, Reply with Quote, and a Multi-quote icon. If I mouseover the Edit Post, it says "Edit/Delete", but when I click that, I still don't see any Delete option.

That's pretty much what I did. I didn't, and I still don't, see any Delete option. I see Edit Post, Reply, Reply with Quote, and a Multi-quote icon. If I mouseover the Edit Post, it says "Edit/Delete", but when I click that, I still don't see any Delete option.

Try this after you click on Edit
delete.PNG

Thanks, but it did NOT show the Delete button until after my 5th post. I suspect that was the problem.

Thanks, but it did NOT show the Delete button until after my 5th post. I suspect that was the problem.

You are correct. I should have looked at your post count. Our system does that automatically. Thanks for your patience.

Back