What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing background grid and "glueing" tiles together

bassnium

Hi.

I have a tileset that needs to be imported to a tile map editor. Problem is, I need to remove the background grid and join every tile together.

Is there a way to automatically remove the background and make all tiles run constinuously, glued to each other?

I could select each tile individually and put them side by side, of course, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make that task faster and easier.

here's the image:

260.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

colleague

Guru
if all images were 16 px x 16 px then it would be possible with an action
but what about the other pieces , and is the green to be removed and becomes transparent ?

Attachments

• tiles.jpg
    tiles.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 29

colleague

Guru
if you can start with a perfect grid ( 17 px x 17 px and Always 1 pixel is green pixel-line )

then an action will be very simple
select all -- move selection 17 pixels to left-- move image1 pixel to the right
and that will remove 1 vertical green line and repeat the action untill every vertical line is removed

then make an action for the horizontal lines
select all - move selection 17 pixels to bottom - move image 1 pixel to the top
and that action will remove 1 horizontal line and repeat the action untill every horizontal line is removed

then crop the image and done
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwxrf75klul9pfs/grid.mp4?dl=0

Attachments

• reply.png
    reply.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 16
  • pixelgrid1.jpg
    pixelgrid1.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 17
  • pixelgrid2.jpg
    pixelgrid2.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

bassnium

if you can start with a perfect grid ( 17 px x 17 px and Always 1 pixel is green pixel-line )

then an action will be very simple
select all -- move selection 17 pixels to left-- move image1 pixel to the right
and that will remove 1 vertical green line and repeat the action untill every vertical line is removed

then make an action for the horizontal lines
select all - move selection 17 pixels to bottom - move image 1 pixel to the top
and that action will remove 1 horizontal line and repeat the action untill every horizontal line is removed

then crop the image and done
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwxrf75klul9pfs/grid.mp4?dl=0

Thank you SO MUCH for this video, colleague. Now I can "glue together" any tileset. :naughty::)