What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still Image animations

mitchjrmathews

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and am in the learning stages of Photoshop. I looked in the search for a bit but couldn't find what I am working on.

I have an assignment in my class that my professor did not explain well and I am reluctant to ask her to explain further because this professor is very opinionated and judgemental (negatively).

The goal of this assignment is to create a "movie" trailer using up to 12 stills from a movie of our choice and then have the tagline on the movie over the images. We have to animate the text and possibly the image but this seems like its going to look like a cheap PowerPoint lol!

My movie choice is Fast and Furious 6 and the tagline is "All Roads Lead to This".

What you you suggest I do for this and how should I incorporate animation? I know little about animation in Photoshop by the way...

Thanks a lot for reading and any assistance is extremely appreciated!! [emoji2]

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
This is something different from the usual requests that come by.....

Come up with your story board and selected images. From there we'll assist by giving you instructions how to put it together in Photoshop.

What's your logic/concept in your tagline?

We usually prefer giving instructional. As this is a class assignment, it's good form and fair you work for your grades.

colleague

Guru
and maybe this tutorial is helpfull on how to use a Ken Burns effect to animate stills in photoshop

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ken+Burns+in+Photoshop

(first video in list)

Admin edit......

apologies, colleague... Spam filter's too good.

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchjrmathews

This is something different from the usual requests that come by.....

Come up with your story board and selected images. From there we'll assist by giving you instructions how to put it together in Photoshop.

What's your logic/concept in your tagline?

We usually prefer giving instructional. As this is a class assignment, it's good form and fair you work for your grades.
Thank you very much for the speedy reply! So far I have all of the photos collected and saved to my Creative Cloud folder. I am just not sure what to do from there. I do have an idea on how I want it to start though...

As for the tagline "All Roads Lead to This", I chose images that represent a character driving or a scene that shows a road. And then I would have "This" be the ending of the movie where they are all back at the family house in the USA with all the cars parked out front.

And I understand about thus being for class. I want to learn how to do this anyways. So it wouldn't benefit me to have someone do it for me :p

Again thanks for the replies

Last edited:

colleague

Guru
the forum censored the link and replaced '**' in ** but you can google 'Ken Burns in photoshop'