What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS5: Type jumps up an inch to next line ?

Viliger Black

Hello all, I am a basic bits and bobs PS user for many years. PS has been fine until last week then this changed
and using the 'return' key started 'jumping' up a line for some crazy reason ... maybe I changed something in settings without realising ?

Let's say I want to type "Major Accident Explosion"

But I want it to appear as:

Major
Accident
Explosion

(except centred)

When I click on the 'return' button between lines I get this:

Explosion

Accident

Major

That is, it goes up an inch each time ... I opened the "Character" window and cannot spot anything

Anyone ?

Have you tried resetting the paragraph formatting options, particularly, the "Add space before" and "Add space after" options?

Tom M

When you change the size text you are using or simply want the spacing between lines to vary, you can go into the character panel to the top choice on the right hand side, indicated by an A over an A, and there will be a drop down. You can use that to change the spacing between lines by picking a size that is larger than the point size you are using to increase the space, or smaller to decrease the space. That is one more way to play with this.

spacing1.jpg

spacing2.jpg

Back