What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About online freelance jobs

new-here

Hello

I am new here :mrgreen: and I'm not sure if this post should be here or in the general section so please forgive me :redface:

I would like to know which sites would you recommend for doing online Photoshop freelance jobs?

Do I need to have a specific system? graphics card? screen?

Lets say I want to do simple retouching, design jobs for a start. Any advice? anything I should know?

I would like to do something and use my talent instead if just hunting for a job all the time so I thought of this. I use Photoshop and I think that my level would be intermediate. I also take photos and I'd like to sell some too one day, I wanted to start doing online work this year but I kept holding myself back for many excuses (one being that I don't have the right screen with the right colors).

How did you start? did you have everything you needed at the beginning? do you think i am holding myself back for no good reason?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you don't mind I ask.....

1. What specific design work do you do? Do you have any samples you can show us?

2. Is online freelance design work the only thing you'll ever do? Wouldn't you consider going out in the field in order to source for clients?

Hello and welcome to PSG.

new-here said:
I use Photoshop and I think that my level would be intermediate.

Your level of proficiency with Photoshop not withstanding, it's the quality of work that you produce. I notice that you have made no mention of Adobe Illustrator, without it, you could never be competitive in the design arena

Self assessment of ones own work can be precarious at best. We often believe that our work is comparable to others and would be marketable when it actuality may not be.

I would suggest that you first locate a related website (PSG) where you can offer your work up for critique, in order to asses the quality of your work. It's better to start off crawling than it is to try and run..........and ultimately fail.

Where did you do your training?

Back