What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What effects are these?

angilina

hello

please, can someone tell me what effects are used in the attached images?

thankyou

image-1.png

image-2.png

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
The first one's called image degradation.

The second isn't an effect but rather a printing process called HOT STAMPING or EMBOSSED STAMPING.

Other's may have a different take on it..... :mrgreen:

Tom Mann

Guru
V: "...The first one's called image degradation..."

Cool. I didn't know that! I thought of image degradation as always pertaining to the effects of poor quality imaging optics on an photo, not as a distinct type of PS effect. Do u have any links to it as an effect?

Tom

angilina

Thank you for your reply.

"HOT STAMPING or EMBOSSED STAMPING"

Can we achieve this by a InkJet printer or a colored laser printer? In the second image, the letters seems to be printed. If you feel it by hand, the surface is even.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, what is the color swatch supposed to simulate? Fabric?

angilina

Hello, the color is shown in the first image in my first post. Is there any effect or feature in Fireworks or Photoshop that can replicate Leather? thank you

Tom Mann

Guru
Go to Google Images and type in {high resolution leather texture}.

You will see dozens of different leather textures and colors. Just pick the closest and use it as your base layer. Don't worry if the color or brightness is slightly different from what you want -- you can always tweak that using adjustment layers in PS.

Then follow one of the tutorials that shows how to produce the desired text effect and put the result of that exercise on a layer above the (adjusted) leather layer.

HTH,

Tom M

Screen_shot_from_Google_Images.jpg

PS - Some of these are free, or free for low resolution versions, but for others, you will have to pay a nominal sum to get the high resolution version.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
PS - Because this is primarily a teaching forum for PS techniques, I made no attempt to produce the exact colors or texture you want, figuring (from your question) that you will want to take it from here on your own.